Your home’s sewer and drain systems are one of the most commonly used, yet most overlooked systems in your entire house. Think about how often we use them – they’re certainly being put to work! Every time you flush the toilet, take a shower, do some laundry, or wash the dishes, you’re using your drains. Since we use them so often, they’re vulnerable to clogs and buildup over time. Here are a few warning signs and benefits to a drain cleaning service, and why you should consider professional assistance to help you out.
The Warning Signs
Clogs can be a huge inconvenience if they’re able to escalate. Here are some signs watch out for that signal you need some drain cleaning in your home.
- Slower drains. If you’ve got trouble with your sink, you might have a clog. If multiple water fixtures do not drain the right way, then you most likely have a clog somewhere along your sewer line. A careful drain cleaning with hot water and detergent or vinegar should do the trick. If that fails, then consider calling out a professional.
- Pesky pets. Bugs and rodents are never good, but if any pests visit your home, they could be coming from a crack somewhere in your sewer line. Cockroaches and rats can squeeze through just about anywhere.
- Pricey water bills. If it seems like your home’s utility bills are higher than they typically are, the reason could be because of a hidden leak. No matter the size, a camera inspection from a professional will be able to locate the source.
- Sewage Backup. All sewage should go down your pipes, but if it somehow winds up going back up the opposite direction, you might want to call out a plumber for drain cleaning services ASAP. If it looks like the sewage backs up every single time you flush or use the sink, the problem might be more rooted in your sewer line.
- Putrid odors. You should never smell any stinky sewage in or around your home. If so, there is probably a crack somewhere in the sewer line. Your plumbing should always be sealed tight, but sewer gases can slip through cracks. A camera inspection should be swift in finding where these odors come from.
If you experience any of these issues, then consider calling out a professional drain cleaning service to find out the problem and take care of it properly.
A RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL PLUMBING COMPANY YOU CAN TRUST
Alpha Plumbing is a full-service plumbing and contracting company serving the Baltimore and Annapolis metro area with expertise in all aspects of plumbing. We’re family-owned and operated since 1991 from our office in Pasadena. We offer quality plumbing services at reasonable rates in a timely fashion. Our trucks are equipped with GPS systems to ensure we’re prompt and on time. No job is too large or too small! We maintain a fleet of well-stocked trucks and also own and operate our own backhoes for jobs requiring excavation.
For more information and to get a free no-obligation estimate, you can contact us on our website, send us an e-mail, or give us a call at (410) 255-5998.